The Archives service fulfils two principal objectives:
- It is responsible for the historical Archives and assures that the essential elements of the documents accumulated in the Archives are registered on computer in order to create research instruments capable of assisting interested researchers of our history.
- It also assures a classification of the documents produced and received at the GA, by giving them from the start an archival code that allows for easy access for consultation.
The other aspects of this service are the following:
- To give all the members of the GA the formation necessary for using Archivum well, particularly the cataloguers who do the complete registration of the documents of which they are in charge.
- To respond to research requests and to make available, as far as possible, the documents that can interest an individual to come to do research in our archives.
- To oversee the good conservation and maintenance of documents.
- To manage the library adjacent to the archives service where all the books received are placed and that have a direct link with the Marist patrimony and world.
- To look after the large book depository where the books and various documents are stored that are likely to be ordered from outside and to keep up to date the inventory of products which can be consulted by all.