Italia: programa de formación permanente ‘Senderos’ en Manziana
Santos: Sixto III, Cástor y Esperanza
1999: Fundación de la comunidad de Esztergom (Hungría)
The following steps toward the commitment of Marist laity are put forward:
1. Requirements of the Process:
a. To live in contact with the charism for a period of at least two years.
b. To be part of a group of Marist life (Marist fraternity, life groups, etc.)
c. To become actively involved in the Marist mission in a Marist ministry or in other places of involvement.
d. To have personal accompaniment that allows the integration of Marist values.
e. To participate in various types of formation that are proposed (retreats, forums, etc.)
2. Development of the Commitment:
The person expresses his or her desire to make a commitment as a lay Marist after having fulfilled the requirements of the process. This is done by sending a written request to the MMQ (Marist Movement of Quebec) and to the provincial council.
a. Each person should take a time of quiet and reflection to make a vocational discernment.
b. The person should be recommended by his or her companions (members of the Fraternity or others).
c. The person’s application should be accepted by the powers that be (the Provincial and the president of the MMQ).
3. Forms of Commitment:
* The lay Marist can renew the commitment every three years.
* The lay Marist should express the desire to renew the commitment to those in charge in writing.
* At each renewal he or she should repeat points a, b and c of the commitment process.
* The person is invited to make an evaluation of his or her experience and to express the reasons for wishing to renew the commitment.