Home > News > France: Enthronement of the Champagnat icon at St Paul Trois Chateaux

 


 



NewsChoose

  • News
  • 2019 | 2018 | 2017 | 2016 | 2015 | 2014 | 2013 | 2012 | 2011 | 2010 | 2009 | 2008 | 2007 | 2006 | 2005 | 2004
  • Most popular | Statistics
  • Calendar
  • The latest news

 


Social networking

Marist Brothers

RSS YouTube FaceBook Twitter

 

Today's picture

Brazil: CMMF: Fraternity "Mãe de Deus" - Taguatinga

Marist Brothers - Archive of pictures

Archive of pictures

 

Latest updates

 


Calls of the XXII General Chapter



FMSI


Archive of updates

 

Marist Calendar

23 May

Saint William of Rochester

Marist Calendar - May

The icon painted at the Carmel of Harissa

 

Archive

Enthronement of the Champagnat icon at St Paul Trois Chateaux

28/01/2013: France

On the eve of the Epiphany, a feast dear to Saint Marcellin Champagnat, the community of Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux  enthroned in the chapel the icon painted at the Carmel of Harissa, in Lebanon, on the occasion of his canonisation, in 1999. It is a photo, of large dimensions, of the original in the Founder’s room at Notre-Dame de l’Hermitage.

The parish of Saint-Paul-Trois-Châteaux bears the name of « Saint Marcellin Champagnat en tricastin ». We know that Father Champagnat, in 1835 and 1837, came to visit his friend,  Father François Mazelier, parish priest of Saint Paul and himself the superior of a congregation of brothers. The good relations between the two priests led to the union of the two congregations in 1842.

class=imgshadowThe icon will be a permanent reminder of the pastoral charity of Marcellin Champagnat and of the zeal he knew how to transmit to his first brothers. He wanted them to give their life in the service of children so as to make them know and love Jesus Christ and make of them good Christians and good citizens. It is a programme always topical, especially in this year of faith.

After the vigil Mass of the Epiphany at 6 o’clock, the icon was presented to the parishioners with the help of a montage made by Brothers Jean Roche and Gilbert Pronost.

2912 visits